Home of Ethical White Hat Hackers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeclosedLatest imagesRegisterLog in

‘Anonymous’ Hacking Group Infiltrates U.S. Army

Go down 
AuthorMessage
♣ Enoch ♣
VIP
VIP

White Hat Points : 7
White Hat Reputation : 0

‘Anonymous’ Hacking Group Infiltrates U.S. Army Empty
PostSubject: ‘Anonymous’ Hacking Group Infiltrates U.S. Army    ‘Anonymous’ Hacking Group Infiltrates U.S. Army Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:20 pm

BUZZFEED | A Guy Fawkes mask on the dashboard is just one way this Army captain tips off other soldiers that he’s a fellow member of Anonymous.

An active-duty Army captain and member of Anonymous describes how the organization operates, his own involvement in the Arab Spring, how the crackdown on Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden has affected soldiers, and how more leaks are on the way. He has agreed to speak with BuzzFeed on the condition of anonymity.

Are there a lot of members of Anonymous in the Army?
There are more than you would think, more heavily in the techie world [of the military] — especially at Fort Huachuca, where all the intel people are. A lot of them wanted to get the job [there] because they want to learn secret stuff and have a better personal understanding of how the world actually works.

How do you know who is in Anonymous?

Initially we have the handshaking phase. The lingo is still relatively unknown. In conversation, you drop in jokes. If you are with someone on a mission, you’re like, “Man, there are over 9,000 reasons that this is a bad idea.” That initially establishes friendship. Once you feel comfortable with the person and they aren’t just posing as part of the culture, then you talk about what they’ve done and how much a part of it they are. It gets to the point where you are discussing individual operations.

What are the most popular operations amongst soldiers?

Anonymous is so distributed and leaderless that everyone has operations they love and hate. Operation Cartel, especially at Fort Bliss. Operation Dark Net was universally loved. And Operation Payback was pretty well received.

What about you?

I was involved in the Arab Spring opening up internet communications. I was a facilitator for a lot of people who have more skills than me in the cyber world. I knew people who I met through 4chan, 9Chan, and 7Chan and then a lot of AnonOps IRCs and who they needed to talk to — the organizations that would help them, and people in government would give them resources and access — and was able to convince them to talk to people in Anonymous. I got people in the right [internet relay chat] rooms at the right time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ‘Anonymous’ Hacking Group Infiltrates U.S. Army    ‘Anonymous’ Hacking Group Infiltrates U.S. Army Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Nice Smile
Back to top Go down
♣ Enoch ♣
VIP
VIP

White Hat Points : 7
White Hat Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: ‘Anonymous’ Hacking Group Infiltrates U.S. Army    ‘Anonymous’ Hacking Group Infiltrates U.S. Army Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:59 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ‘Anonymous’ Hacking Group Infiltrates U.S. Army    ‘Anonymous’ Hacking Group Infiltrates U.S. Army Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

‘Anonymous’ Hacking Group Infiltrates U.S. Army
Page 1 of 1